am i doing something wrong?

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1929619-bionui-mod/
Back to top Go down
Nuparu
Prototype Universe
Prototype Universe

PostSubject: Re: Fan Made MNOLG 1 Sequel   Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:38 am

it sounds like your browser is in private mode or something because its deleting all the cookies and internet files when it closes.

I found a good solution that I will incorporate into future updates of the game.
Download and run the game with this: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/updaters/11/flashplayer_11_sa.exe
This should run the game in a standalone player without the need of an internet browser at all.

EDIT: YEAH this topic made it to page 2!!
Back to top Go down
Saynok
The Before-Time

PostSubject: Re: Fan Made MNOLG 1 Sequel   Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:21 pm

that works
thanks for that
i will be keeping an eye out for future updates

Back to top Go down
Toa of Mirrors
The Before-Time

PostSubject: Re: Fan Made MNOLG 1 Sequel   Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:07 am

I was just reviewing this topic again when I noticed this game made the news in BZPower today. It's exciting to see this game getting some recognition! College does keep me busy, but I might have time to work on the game's assets/dialog, now that I have access to the software to accomplish this.
Back to top Go down
Toa of Forums
The Before-Time

PostSubject: Re: Fan Made MNOLG 1 Sequel   Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:14 am

Having just completed Chapter 1 (Finally! cheers ), I am very excited to see what the next chapter will bring. I noticed a few minor and easily correctable errors which I will post on the error page. If there is one thing I would suggest for the future, it would be the inclusion of a storyline diversion or two to keep true to the first MNOLG. For example, saving Turaga Nokama and the Matoran from the underwater hut, or clearing the way to the lightstone mine in the Onu-Ta Koro Tunnel. These were little side stories that made the game overall more interesting. I know this would add a lot of complexity, but I think it would pay off in the end.

Also congratulations on getting this game on BZPower! It deserves to make BZPower headlines!

Prototype Universe

PostSubject: Re: Fan Made MNOLG 1 Sequel   Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:54 am

Version 1.2 is out!!
Unfortunately this does NOT contain any plot progression from Version 1.1, just bug fixes and various other modifications:
- Hali has been added to one of the huts in GaKoro.
- A wall around GaKoro should appear soon after delivering the letter to Nokama.
- Kapura's speech has been updated, and I believe he gives you my first custom item.
- TONS of bug fixes and spelling corrections.

I originally planned to hold off and include a storyline progression with the bug fix update.
However BZPower put this game up on their news page and so a flood of new people are now downloading and playing it.
Which is good, but they're all running into and reporting bugs that I've already fixed on my end and just haven't uploaded because I was working on progressing the story.
So hang tight, because I'm really close to finishing an update that includes the first confrontation with the Bohrok, and the defense of TaKoro!
Also, the download now includes a flash projector (stand alone flash player) so you don't have to run it through a web browser anymore, just run the "Flash Player Run" file to start the game.
Back to top Go down
Toa of Mirrors
The Before-Time

PostSubject: Re: Fan Made MNOLG 1 Sequel   Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:42 pm

I actually prefer the browser on my Mac, because the stand-alone vanilla MNOLG app couldn't go fullscreen, but Chrome has no problem with presentation mode. Still, the more the merrier.
Back to top Go down
Toa of Forums
The Before-Time

PostSubject: Re: Fan Made MNOLG 1 Sequel   Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:57 pm

Hey Nuparu, I just found this picture on Facebook. It is a underground cavern beach with an open ceiling in Costa Rica. It is quite beautiful, and it looks like it would fit in nicely on the island of Mata Nui, and MNOLG 1.5 in particular. If you want to integrate this in to Ga-Koro, I think it would be pretty darn cool. It could be a hidden location accidentally uncovered by the Bohrok attack. If you do decide to add this in, I could make a drawing and digitize it in Photoshop so you could make it into an SWF easily if you want me to.

Also I found this panaroma of the Ga-Koro beach outside the town. I'm not sure who the artist is, but it looks like Templar concept art.

Prototype Universe

PostSubject: Re: Fan Made MNOLG 1 Sequel   Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:35 am

The underground cavern beach might be a bit tricky but I think that it could be done. Very Happy
And that picture makes me want to add those overhanging trees to the beach... because currently it is just open and empty.

These are all good things for me to consider because I plan on making much more of the island able to be traveled. kind of like how Templar slowly made more of the villages accessible, I want to slowly add more paths through the center of the island. And it would be cool if I could add that beach-cave somewhere in the center of the island or maybe along a river.

Back to top Go down
Toa of Mirrors
The Before-Time

PostSubject: Re: Fan Made MNOLG 1 Sequel   Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:07 pm

That is the artwork of Matt vanLieshout from his Liquid Electricity blog. This is the colored version:

Back to top Go down
Nuparu
Prototype Universe
Prototype Universe

PostSubject: Re: Fan Made MNOLG 1 Sequel   Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:06 pm

Man, Now I really want to go back and edit that beach.....

Ok, here is an update on where I'm at on my end.
This past week was the last week of classes, next week is final exam period, and I graduate on May 4th. Yay, done with College! Happy Dance
I have been mostly working on planning out the story for the next chapter, fixing any bugs that you guys find, and thinking about how I would go about converting this onto a group project.

Rubber will meet the road after next week sometime, being as I will have entire days that I can dedicate solely to progressing this game!
However, I will not just disappear in the meantime, I will be doing my best to remain active on the forums and respond to all of your comments and suggestions.

Also, here is a hint for a spoiler:

when you find it, feel free to spread the news, but try to only give hints.
Back to top Go down
Saynok
The Before-Time

PostSubject: Re: Fan Made MNOLG 1 Sequel   Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:04 pm

congrats, nuparu
i will look forward to plot advancements.
i will also be looking for the "hmna hmna hmna"
good luck!

spoiler is epic!

Back to top Go down
Auron
The Before-Time

PostSubject: Re: Fan Made MNOLG 1 Sequel   Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:48 am

Wow, that piece of concept art is strikingly close to how the final product ended up, it looks like all they did was make Takua approach from closer to the beach rather than the forest.

I think that if you listed the people who have helped or contributed to the project so far, it might encourage more people to help. I'm not sure how much of the dialogue you have planned out, but I think if you had a general outline you could put a call out for a writer familiar with the canon story order of events in the books/comics which would give you more time to work on the artwork, events, or bugs.

Prototype Universe
Prototype Universe

PostSubject: Re: Fan Made MNOLG 1 Sequel   Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:22 pm

Auron wrote:
I think that if you listed the people who have helped or contributed to the project so far, it might encourage more people to help. I'm not sure how much of the dialogue you have planned out, but I think if you had a general outline you could put a call out for a writer familiar with the canon story order of events in the books/comics which would give you more time to work on the artwork, events, or bugs.

I agree, someone who is familiar with the canon story would be a great asset. Especially because I'm really only familiar with the 2001-2003 plotline. :P And it would be nice to leave some little hints and references to future events, kind of like how the first MNOLG game had little hints for the coming of the Bohrok.
However, 90% of development time really goes into programming and animating. So I would only need one (really good person) who helps with the dialogue and plot and then the rest would be animators.

It's also Emotionally difficult for me to expand this into a team project too, because it means trusting someone else with a project that I've had for over two years...
Oh well, its exciting to have the fan base be so eager to help!
Back to top Go down
Toa of Forums
The Before-Time

PostSubject: Re: Fan Made MNOLG 1 Sequel   Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:25 pm

Congratulations on your graduation!

I think a lot of scenes could benefit from a minor overhaul. Something like adding more landscape like in the beach artwork would be enough. Just something to differentiate this game from the original MNOLG some more.

I doubt you'll struggle to find people to help you out with the plot. It seems like most of us on here are major Bionicle nerds! (Myself included) The 2001-2003 story arc is definitely my favorite out of all of the Bionicle plotlines.

Edit:
I just thought of this. If you read the first four Bionicle novels you might remember this. In the 4th one, (Tales of the Masks) Turaga Nokama has hidden a Kakama Nuva in the cave the she and the other Toa Metru had used to escape to Mata Nui from Metru Nui. She told Gali Nuva that the Kakama was she sought was in that cave. So Gali entered the cave, and Nokama shut her in. Gali thought she had been betrayed by Nokama, but in reality this was just a test that she had set up up for Gali. Gali discovered a carving of six Toa she didn't recognize, but saw a shocking resemblence to Nokama in one of them. After she retrieved the mask, she was encountered by a giant squid. She escaped the aquid by using her new Kakama to travel fast enough to pass through the stone wall unharmed. She arrived at the surface where Nokama greeted her and told her that it was a test. Gali asked Nokama if she was one of the Toa in the carving, but Nokama laughed it off saying that she was never anything but a Turaga. We now know that isn't true, of course. But I think it wouldn't hurt to have Takua be able to discover this cave and the carving. You were talking about how you wanted to add little hints about the upcoming storyline into the game. I think this would be good considering it is actually a canon hint from the novels.

Prototype Universe

PostSubject: Re: Fan Made MNOLG 1 Sequel   Wed May 01, 2013 1:13 am

That is a great idea Toa of Forums!!

I have to review the Bionicle novels, and then maybe I can work that cave into the game somewhere.
or I can make a side quest or something, so that its not part of the main story and more of a secret canon hint.
Back to top Go down
Toa of Forums
The Before-Time

PostSubject: Re: Fan Made MNOLG 1 Sequel   Wed May 01, 2013 2:11 am

Thanks Nuparu!

Yeah it could be part of a side quest, or even something that Takua just stumbles upon while fleeing from a Bohrok or something like that. Either way it could work.

Prototype Universe

PostSubject: Re: Fan Made MNOLG 1 Sequel   Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:50 pm

Here is a quick update on my current progress:

I've ironed out a timeline for chapters 2-5 (it looks like there may be 6 chapters total) I'm still working out the fine details but the overall flow of the story is there.

I decided to break each chapter into two parts and release the game part by part. This will allow me to release updates more frequently, although each release will have less gameplay. I decided to structure my updates like this for two main reasons:
1. Unless I open this up as a group project (which I'm seriously considering) and get some other programmers to help me, this will take a long time to produce and quicker updates will hold everyone's interest more effectively.
2. Feedback! The bug reports that you guys submit help me immensely! The reason that the initial Chapter 1 release had so many errors was because I developed it almost entirely by myself before releasing it. So hopefully splitting the game into smaller parts will help me deal with bugs when they are fewer and more manageable.

I've probably completed 25%-35% of the next release (depending on how much work the next minigame takes me to develop.)
I'm getting much more efficient at cranking out cutscenes, so right now minigames and puzzles take me the most time to build.
The next release will contain a puzzle and a game, Tahu should be making an appearance as well. :D
I start my first full-time job this Monday, so next week I should be able to better estimate how long until the next update.
Back to top Go down
Toa of Forums
The Before-Time

PostSubject: Re: Fan Made MNOLG 1 Sequel   Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:13 pm

That sounds like a good plan! I'm glad that we will see more frequent updates.

I am still teaching myself flash and I have been tinkering with some scenes from the game, so I would be glad to help you if you want. :D My trial of Flash CS6 has expired, but I am getting Creative Cloud soon anyway.

PostSubject: Re: Fan Made MNOLG 1 Sequel   Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:01 pm

Nuparu: Your new way looks good. It's how the original MNOG was made. They released each village individually on bionicle.com.

(I'm tinkering around with flash myself, trying to get good.)

Prototype Universe
Prototype Universe

PostSubject: Re: Fan Made MNOLG 1 Sequel   Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:08 am

Toa of Forums wrote:
I am still teaching myself flash and I have been tinkering with some scenes from the game, so I would be glad to help you if you want. :D My trial of Flash CS6 has expired, but I am getting Creative Cloud soon anyway.
Ziruini wrote:
(I'm tinkering around with flash myself, trying to get good.)
That's great!
Ziruini, If you want to look at any of the source files (.fla) for the game just let me know. I believe I'm already sharing some with you Toa of Forums. :P
Infrared, from the other forum, wanted to see if he could re-amp the Po-Koro overlook and this is what he came up with:

Awesome Huh?
So, if there is anything that you would like to improve or play around with just, let me know through a PM or something and I'll get those files to you.
I'm also thinking about putting together some beginner tutorials for editing MNOLG... What would be a good first topic to cover? Is there anything that you guys are struggling with?

Last edited by Nuparu on Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:53 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Underscore
The Before-Time

PostSubject: Re: Fan Made MNOLG 1 Sequel   Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:18 pm

Nuparu: Sorry for the late response. I accept your offer, but I'm gonna wait to get a little better with flash before I start getting into advanced stuff like that Smile.

Do you use Adobe Flash Player to make the artwork?

The Before-Time

PostSubject: Re: Fan Made MNOLG 1 Sequel   Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:09 am

Infrared did a great job on that scene! It was already awesome, but its been perfected now. I think I know enough know to try and do something like that on one of the scenes. Perhaps the hallway leading to the Ta-Koro homes could use a little work. :P It needs a little texture. :D I'll see what I can do with it. I will be without access to a computer all of next week, so I'll get started after that. Hopefully if I can do something it will be in time for the 1.3 update. 

I think your idea of doing some MNOLG editing tutorials is a fantastic idea! That would enable not only people to help you out with this project, but they could make their own MNOLG based games and animation as well. The Bionicle fanbase needs more projects like this to keep it alive. What you're doing with MNOLG 1.5 is truly one of the greatest events in the history of the fanbase. This is the first fan made game that could compare to the work of Templar. And hey, its available to download on the BioMedia Project. Thats no small feat. (I'm a staff member there now, BTW :D)

Prototype Universe

PostSubject: Re: Fan Made MNOLG 1 Sequel   Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:08 am

Ziruini wrote:
Nuparu: Sorry for the late response. I accept your offer, but I'm gonna wait to get a little better with flash before I start getting into advanced stuff like that Smile.
Do you use Adobe Flash Player to make the artwork?
Take your time, and remember I'm always available to answer any questions that you might have.
I use sothink swf decompiler to convert the .swf files from the original game into project files (.fla) and that is how I get most of the artwork, however I do edit and draw some stuff myself.
Example: Masks facing away (Link)

Toa of Forums wrote:
Infrared did a great job on that scene! It was already awesome, but its been perfected now. I think I know enough know to try and do something like that on one of the scenes. Perhaps the hallway leading to the Ta-Koro homes could use a little work. :P It needs a little texture. :D I'll see what I can do with it. I will be without access to a computer all of next week, so I'll get started after that. Hopefully if I can do something it will be in time for the 1.3 update. 
The Ta-Koro rooms do need a bit of personalization.
I was thinking that it might be good to add a bookshelf to Takua's room, and maybe some tablets with writing on them scattered around or something. There could also be various items from around the island, and objects that you collected in the first game laying about.
I decided to make Kapura's room #4, not exactly sure what to put in there, but thats where you'll find him during the next chapter.
Rooms (as of right now):
#1: ?
#2: Takua
#3: ?
#4: Kapura
One of the rooms could be Jallers', and can be filled with weapons, disks and stuff.
Also, we could make one of the rooms a storage room if we wanted, and just fill it with random items that you might need to repair something or use later on in the game.

These are just my thoughts though, feel free to do whatever you want, you don't need to follow anything that I said above if you don't want to.
Just do what you can and I'll try to incorporate it into the game for the next release. :D

Toa of Forums wrote:
I think your idea of doing some MNOLG editing tutorials is a fantastic idea! That would enable not only people to help you out with this project, but they could make their own MNOLG based games and animation as well. The Bionicle fanbase needs more projects like this to keep it alive.

This is a secondary goal of mine, not just to produce a game, but give others the tools to do the same. Besides animating isn't that hard and requires virtually no programming experience. The hardest part is probably getting a hold of a Flash editing program.

Toa of Forums wrote:
What you're doing with MNOLG 1.5 is truly one of the greatest events in the history of the fanbase. This is the first fan made game that could compare to the work of Templar. And hey, its available to download on the BioMedia Project. Thats no small feat. (I'm a staff member there now, BTW :D)
Congrats on becoming BioMedia staff. I was thinking about starting a discussion topic on that forum after I make the next release, although I assume that everyone who is an active Bionicle fan has heard about this game already so I'm not sure if there is much of a point from a publicity standpoint. However it would give this game a foot in each of the main Bionicle forums.

EDIT: WooHoo "Prototype Universe" Rank Reached! lov it!
Back to top Go down
Nuparu
Prototype Universe
Prototype Universe

PostSubject: Re: Fan Made MNOLG 1 Sequel   Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:53 am

Gah!, I hate double-posting.
But version 2.1.1 is up for download!!
See the first post in this thread for download links.
Back to top Go down
Toa of Mirrors
The Before-Time

PostSubject: Re: Fan Made MNOLG 1 Sequel   Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:57 pm

Nuparu wrote:
Gah!, I hate double-posting.
But version 2.1.1 is up for download!!
See the first post in this thread for download links.
I'm playing the update now. Very impressive! As ever, I've found several minor spelling and grammatical errors, here's a zip of all 38 of the txt files I corrected:
mediafire.com download/jy5z2426jf6128g/2.1.1_fixes.zip
Also, I forgot the source of the snowboarding minigame music, where is it from?
Back to top Go down
Nuparu
Prototype Universe
Prototype Universe

PostSubject: Re: Fan Made MNOLG 1 Sequel   Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:47 pm

Thanks for the corrections Smile
Let me know what you think after you finish playing it.

Inspiration for the snowboard game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUbYI00F87Y&t=0m4s
Actual soundtrack I used is a remix of that tune: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coSEp2n3xfU

I actually debated using this remix instead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64bBCd8MVp8

Sonic 3 was one of my favorite games growing up, I actually had a Sega Genesis and played it legit too!
I feel like a lot of people asked this question, but I never really answered them... so I'm adding this to my Q&A Page.
Back to top Go down
Saynok
The Before-Time

PostSubject: Re: Fan Made MNOLG 1 Sequel   Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:11 pm

Just played it. It was amazing! You definitely make Jaller seem more like a soldier and make Hafu toppling his statues more emotional. Jaller is my favorite character in all of Bionicle and i did not think they did him enough justice, but you are showing us the personality of him and all of the other matoran, even if you are making some of this up. I believe that it fits the story well and that you are doing a great job. keep up the good work.

Back to top Go down
Nuparu
Prototype Universe
Prototype Universe

PostSubject: Re: Fan Made MNOLG 1 Sequel   Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:28 pm

Thanks Saynok, this means a lot to me. I put a lot of thought and time into trying to develop and show the characters of all the Matoran whenever they appear on screen, as well as make a story that might be a bit different in order for a slightly new experience while still staying true to the original as much as I can.
I agree, Jaller is pretty cool. Wink 
If you have any suggestions about improving his character or if you see him do anything that doesn't fit his character let me know, and I'll try to fix it .
Back to top Go down
Underscore
The Before-Time

PostSubject: Re: Fan Made MNOLG 1 Sequel   Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:28 am

Yikes, I haven't been on in a while. Do you still need anything done? What did I miss?

Prototype Universe
Prototype Universe

PostSubject: Re: Fan Made MNOLG 1 Sequel   Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:04 am

Ziruini wrote:
Yikes, I haven't been on in a while. Do you still need anything done? What did I miss?
Ch2 Part 1 is out. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lignar
Mysterious Figure

PostSubject: Re: Fan Made MNOLG 1 Sequel   Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:22 pm

I'm ashamed to say I haven't downloaded it yet!  :P  As a usual participant/player, all I can say is that I need to remember to download it next time I can (i.e. this internet service is not much good for downloading the game).  I probably won't catch anything correction-wise that everyone else has missed, but given that I'd looked forward to this, I should at least get on it and start playing.

-|W|G|-

Back to top Go down
http://codrexmagna.forumotion.com
Nuparu
Prototype Universe
Prototype Universe

PostSubject: Re: Fan Made MNOLG 1 Sequel   Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:32 pm

An online version will be hosted on BMP soon. :D

Although, if you have a slow internet connection it might be better to download it and play from your desktop anyways.

Even if you don't find any corrections, be sure to post again and let me know what you think of the game Wink
Back to top Go down
Lignar
Mysterious Figure

PostSubject: Re: Fan Made MNOLG 1 Sequel   Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:36 pm

I remember they were thinking about hosting it!  Great news that that went through, I think a lot of people would appreciate an online version.  :P  Yes, though, for me it would be best to just play it from my desktop once I can acquire it.  I'll of course be sure to come back and review once I've played the latest chapter (maybe by next weekend...).

-|W|G|-

Back to top Go down
http://codrexmagna.forumotion.com
Avail
The Before-Time

PostSubject: Re: Fan Made MNOLG 1 Sequel   Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:13 am

Needs more-- Explosions.

The Before-Time

PostSubject: Krana Powers   Mon May 26, 2014 8:14 pm

The Powers of the Krana weren't seen very much, only the one granting the power of flight. I quite like this power, it might be nice to see it used as the bohrok survey areas (backlit against the stars and the red star), a bit like UFO's, it is an invasion after all. Perhaps a mini-game where you need to pick them out in the sky (might work well in either Ga-Koro with Nixie the astronomer, or in Ko-koro where the matoran are astronomers, (I liked the security camera-ice-lenses from the original game, so perhaps a great refracting telescope could be the mini-game's trigger.)

For a Le-Koro minigame, takua and jala might need to escape the absorbed Le-Matoran, while they're still slow as they're fighting the control of the hive, kind of zombie-style I suppose. Or you could just have to act as Lewa's mind trying to escape the hive. Rather than being controlled, Lewa was more "absorbed" into the hive, it tried to change him, rather than just overpowering him, so perhaps you could kind of, try to do some puzzle where you separate the green colour (lewa's mind) from the orange colour (the krana's mind) with some flashes of the Bahrag in as a teaser.

If you're feeling particularly reference-happy, why not add some tiny link to how the bohrok used to be the same type of matoran as Takua.

I would also really like to see more of the cavern of light, and Pewku for that matter.

... one final thing, I want to pilot a Boxor... I don't care how it happens.
Back to top Go down
Avail
The Before-Time

PostSubject: Initiation   Tue May 27, 2014 6:05 pm

Let me clairify some Misconceptions for you Ronz... and welcome to Codrex Magna!

--First, the Bohrok weren't invading, they were part of Mata Nui itself. They were set off prematurely by some Makuta.
--Second, the Krana never "zombifies" people.* They retain all skills because they are still in control, but their mind is 100% loyal to the wills of the Bohrok.
This includes but is not limited to controlling...
•Fighting Styles
•Personality
•Disclosing Information
--Third, this fourm is OLNY about the Sequel for MNOLG. NOT MNOLG itself, that is the property of LEGO.

Piloting a Boxor? All I can say is-- PLEASE NOW THX.

*For zombification properties see the Venom in the original MNOLG. People effected with the venom were fighting against the mind controlling properties.

PostSubject: Re: Fan Made MNOLG 1 Sequel   

Back to top Go down

Fan Made MNOLG 1 Sequel
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2