Codrex Magna
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Modified PBAW A

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Veritamancer
Relict Antihero
Veritamancer

Modified PBAW A Empty
PostSubject: Modified PBAW A   Modified PBAW A EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 2:16 am

No doubt, the title of this topic will provoke confusion.

Neither of the requests for my weak and failed attempt at a PBAW series made it past the planning stage, it must have seemed. I cannot even return to my old inbox to check one of the requests -- it was, apparently, deleted automatically by the forum software.

But I do remember the major part, the base gestalt, of the request made of me by the then-called Arty Foul. And so I give you the result of a brief MOCing collaboration with Wally, that yielded something exceedingly near to what I remember of AF's PBAW request. [Other than the black Pakari.]

If you like it, AF, happy birthday to you then. If not, I shall have to do better for next year, and the A in this topic's title will simply stand for "assassin".

Modified PBAW A Assass10

Front
Side
Back

[I necessarily apologize for the rather poor quality of the images.]

=|/-\|=
Back to top Go down
https://codrexmagna.forumotion.com
Cryomancer
The Cold Mage
Cryomancer

Modified PBAW A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modified PBAW A   Modified PBAW A EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:11 pm

I'm so sorry I don't even remember this! :P

However, I certainly will now... It's amazing! I love the limbs, the body (custom?) seems excellent, and the mask is more than a fine substitute for the Pakari. My one complaint (more of a question, really) is regarding the... I'm not sure.... 'ponytail' behind his head? Other than that, the capes drape beautifully and the blades (Which don't look BIONICLE...) are epic.

Well done!

13 Artystars out of 15!
Back to top Go down
Lignar
Mysterious Figure
Lignar

Modified PBAW A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modified PBAW A   Modified PBAW A EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 1:18 am

Blame the ponytail on me, I was the aesthetics guy for this collab. :P I had it added because I thought it gave a bit of depth to the head... Maybe not the best piece though.

The blades are indeed non-BIONICLE and come from a Ninjago helicopter, one of the few new sets I've gotten myself in recent years. (Mostly I buy up stuff from eBay and pool it with Mo.)

Other than the ankles, I actually really like this MOC myself, but I'll refrain from gushing 'cause of my part in making it. :P

-|W|G|-
Back to top Go down
Cryomancer
The Cold Mage
Cryomancer

Modified PBAW A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modified PBAW A   Modified PBAW A EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 10:50 pm

MY HANDS ARE NOW HELICOPTERS
BOW BEFORE YOUR GOD, BABYLON

I actually didn't mind the ankles, they looked plenty fine to me from the picture.
Back to top Go down
Lignar
Mysterious Figure
Lignar

Modified PBAW A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modified PBAW A   Modified PBAW A EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 11:33 pm

Is that like a quote from something? :P

The ankles are okay, they're kind of jury-rigged with some clips stuck into tires.

-|W|G|-
Back to top Go down
Veritamancer
Relict Antihero
Veritamancer

Modified PBAW A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modified PBAW A   Modified PBAW A EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 11:42 pm

Cryomancer wrote:
I'm so sorry I don't even remember this! :P

However, I certainly will now... It's amazing! I love the limbs, the body (custom?) seems excellent, and the mask is more than a fine substitute for the Pakari. My one complaint (more of a question, really) is regarding the... I'm not sure.... 'ponytail' behind his head? Other than that, the capes drape beautifully and the blades (Which don't look BIONICLE...) are epic.

Well done!

13 Artystars out of 15!

I'm very pleased that you like it then.

The torso is more or less custom, although heavily based on Metru pelvises.

Fleet Admiral KKM wrote:
Blame the ponytail on me, I was the aesthetics guy for this collab. :P I had it added because I thought it gave a bit of depth to the head... Maybe not the best piece though.

The... "ponytail"... was indeed not a component of the original design. There are other ways that depth could have been added, I'm certain.

Cryomancer wrote:
I actually didn't mind the ankles, they looked plenty fine to me from the picture.
Fleet Admiral KKM wrote:
The ankles are okay, they're kind of jury-rigged with some clips stuck into tires.

The ankles are admittedly not perfectly designed, but suffice. The poseability of the model is not impaired by their addition, and they add the proper appearance of thickness.

=|/-\|=
Back to top Go down
The Spectral Mask
Head Librarian & Game Master
The Spectral Mask

Modified PBAW A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modified PBAW A   Modified PBAW A EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 12:07 am

... PBAW? I can't imagine what that stands for, although I'm certain I'm supposed to. v_v

As for the MOC itself, it is exceptional. In the first image, it looks a tad too much like Von Nebula to impress me, but when he's standing erect instead of squatting, the taller/thinner build distingiushes them. Armor placement is impressive and the entire model is very natural, well built.

Not really sure what to say about the capes, though ... a little odd. When there's two like that, are they tecnically streamers?
Back to top Go down
https://codrexmagna.forumotion.com/
Veritamancer
Relict Antihero
Veritamancer

Modified PBAW A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modified PBAW A   Modified PBAW A EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 12:17 am

The PBAWs were the exact counterpart of PBZPs, and have the same type of acronym construction - Project BIONICLE Advanced Wars.

I'm very pleased that you think so highly of it, although it is only my duty to produce an exceptional model if it is to take me this long to complete. Razz

The capes were not entirely of my own choice. AF specifically requested two capes, and there was little other place for them but on the shoulders. If they hang correctly on the figure, they should appear a tad more as a wraparound cape than as separate streamers.

=|/-\|=
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Modified PBAW A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modified PBAW A   Modified PBAW A Empty

Back to top Go down

Modified PBAW A
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Codrex Magna :: Creative Discussion :: Codrex Magna Artistic Media :: 3D Art and Media :: LEGO/BIONICLE MOCs and Models-
Jump to: