Codrex Magna
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rate the Song Above You

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
X
Comrade

Rate the Song Above You - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song Above You   Rate the Song Above You - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 1:52 am

8/10. Catchy. The singer's voice was interesting, raspy without being too rough. Nice percussion, too.

"Fireflies" by Owl City.
Back to top Go down
Cryomancer
The Cold Mage
Cryomancer

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song Above You   Rate the Song Above You - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 7:45 pm

9/10 oh god this song ha ha

It's a pretty fun song, honestly. I'm sure theres something wrong with it, but I'm far too naive to see.

"Vanilla Twilight" by Owl City.
Back to top Go down
Lignar
Mysterious Figure
Lignar

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song Above You   Rate the Song Above You - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 10:14 pm

Well it's time to pull an Ending and burn this city down. Creepy Grin

... jk, 3.5/10. It's not the worst, but it's a flatter selection from Owl City and a lackluster pop song. The vocals (with sappy lyrics to boot) are childishly delivered and somehow manage to reek of autotune even if it isn't actually there. Uninteresting piano morphs into abused drum machine and slow-paced synthesizer; surely there's another way to do this melody. Also, I personally hate (HATE) what sounds like a key change about three-quarters of the way through the song, but that part of my assessment is really just me. :P

Let's test my pop mettle here... "Days Into Nights" by Stacy Clark.

-|W|G|-
Back to top Go down
https://codrexmagna.forumotion.com
Cryomancer
The Cold Mage
Cryomancer

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song Above You   Rate the Song Above You - Page 2 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 12:37 am

Back to top Go down
Lignar
Mysterious Figure
Lignar

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song Above You   Rate the Song Above You - Page 2 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 1:14 am

Avignus Magnus Finis wrote:

-|W|G|-
Back to top Go down
X
Comrade

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song Above You   Rate the Song Above You - Page 2 EmptySun May 12, 2013 1:56 am

6/10. Meh. Repetitive. The word "say" was drawn out to several syllables more than its natural length far too often for my taste. Not a bad song on the whole, but not something I'd go back to.

"Another Brick in the Wall, Part 2" by Pink Floyd.
Back to top Go down
Lord Mayhem
First Toa Team
First Toa Team
Lord Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song Above You   Rate the Song Above You - Page 2 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 1:57 am

6\10 a bit dated but otherwise a pretty good song... though I shouldnt be talking :P since half the stuff I listen to is kinda old

"I Am the Black Wizards" by Emperor

bonus song: "Papyrus Containing The Spell To Preserve Its Possessor Against Attacks From He Who Is In The Water" by Nile

Back to top Go down
Lignar
Mysterious Figure
Lignar

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song Above You   Rate the Song Above You - Page 2 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 2:21 am

6/10. Not bad, but the vocals are rather whisking/breathy for growls - a bit too much like wind. :P That part's subjective, I prefer my growls deeper. However, at least the version I found also contributes to the poor sound of the effect with apparently rather poor production; the song has a faraway sound, and the lyrics (and the guitar, if you can call it this) are incomprehensible. More generally the guitar is good and fairly varied (at times at least) but the drums are second-tier (i.e. not bad but nothing special in general). I wouldn't necessarily go back to it either.

If you must have the bonus: 3.5/10. Very nice intro guitar, and the lower growls are appreciated - unlike the time signature changes, which just seem lazy to me. The title is kind of fun, as it's sort of ancient-style, but my personal thoughts on titles like that is that they're pretentious to actually use. Other artists come to mind here for flagrant abuse of long titles, but I'll stop this mid-rant rant by just saying that this particular song is memorable only for its title. At least it's short.

Well, TIER SWITCH.

"Symptoms" by Atlas Genius.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song Above You   Rate the Song Above You - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rate the Song Above You
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2