HomePortalGalleryFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Achonia

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Not the Critic
Head Librarian & Game Master

PostSubject: Achonia   Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:24 pm

Well, I for one hope that all Codrexians who aren't participating in the Battle for the Gold Mask hope that either myself or Luroka finish in first! We might not have been invited to Comic Con or have been sent free sets, but we are a BIONICLE forum nonetheless! All three of us!

In any case, here's Achonia, Lady of the Skull Spiders. I heard that points would be awarded for creative part use, so I went out of my way to make things difficult for myself. hence, the Galidor torsos, masks used in-construction, and eight legs. The legs were also inspired by Legend of Metru Nui's Nidhiki. It always bothered me that those were clearly Rahkshi spines, and yet none came in the actual set.

Click for the full gallery. Spectral

I don't know much about the new BIONICLE lore so I don't know if Achonia is a resident of Okoto, but I do know that she's a large and dominating presence in her arae of antagonists. She's not their queen, but she is a potent and poisonous force. None can hope to outscheme her; she stoops to the lowest of the low levels, and plans to dispose of everyone she meets. You cannot hope that she is your ally; you can only hope that her byzantine scheme will last long enough that you can reach your own unsavory goals. She is a mistress of poisons and alchemy, and she is familiar with various forms of witchcraft and curses, which facilitate her bilious brooding.

I'm going to put off entering the contest formally until Saturday, so any constructive criticism would be appreciated!

Based on Luroka's review, there's no glaring error or room for improvement, so this is going up on BZP. Wish him and I luck!

Last edited by The Spectral Mask on Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://codrexmagna.forumotion.com/
Makuta Luroka
Element Lords Created
Element Lords Created

PostSubject: Re: Achonia   Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:19 am

It is definitely interesting, and Purple is always a plus.

That staff is highly interesting, and looks almost like a club or a cudgel.

I definitely love the spider legs, and I like the glow-in-the-dark milky blue parts used throughout the MOC.

It is definitely intimidating, but seems kindof chaotic in the thoracic region. I feel like the head is a bit too far back.

I definitely wish that shortened metru eyestalk came in other colors.

The silver in the mask and claws kinda throws off the color scheme when viewed from the front, but the silver in the legs fixes the balance.

My main gripe is that the upper legs aren't all the same color. I would prefer black, but that would require that you own like 8 vorahk (which is a plus, Vorahk is the greatest rahkshi hands down), and you managed to still have the legs look pretty good by fading to silver towards the back.

Head Librarian & Game Master

PostSubject: Re: Achonia   Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:11 pm

The lack of consistent head designs always frustrated me. I thought that sticking a ball joint on an axle and using the Mata heads for the Toa Metru would have been a better decision in 2004, but I was willing to accept the Metru Heads post-2004. I thought the shorter eyestalks in 2007 were a nice innovation and I expected to see them in more colors in 2008. And then the Av-Matoran heads came out of nowhere, only for the Glatorian heads to drop into our laps the year after. Why was is that we dropped half of the traditional eye colors after 2005?

And yeah, who has that many Vorahk? I agree that he (it?) was the best rahkshi, because black was the only color that went well with the dark grey. I remember a discolored comic wherein Lerahk had lime green limbs, and I think that would have been preferable. Thanks to tag sales, though, I did have two Vorahk, which got me matching front legs, at least.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Achonia   

Back to top Go down

Achonia
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Codrex Magna :: Creative Discussion :: Codrex Magna Artistic Media :: 3D Art and Media :: LEGO/BIONICLE MOCs and Models-
Jump to: