Codrex Magna
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hydranus' Log

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Makuta Luroka
Element Lords Created
Element Lords Created
Makuta Luroka

Hydranus' Log Empty
PostSubject: Hydranus' Log   Hydranus' Log EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 12:19 am

Review Topic

Preface
I am Hydranus, servant of Luroka. I advise the Makuta on matters of importance, and am tasked with documenting our mission for posterity's sake. If you are reading this, it means our endeavors have been successful, and this chronicle has been published with my master's approval. There are some entries detailing occurrences that happened prior to my creation. Those entries are transcribed from Luroka's memories, which I have inherited, and are marked in silver text. At this time I shall continue on to my log.

Entry One
My own earliest memory is that of my birth. As the greenish black fluid I later came to know as antidermis congeals to form my body, life is breathed into me, and I awaken. I crawl out of the pool and stand on my own feet for the first time. Now I can see around me, hear the sounds of the pool, and feel power surging through my body.

I am born.

Before I can even begin to ponder why I am here, I hear a voice. "Do you know who I am?" It asks, seemingly from everywhere at once. I immediately knew this orator was speaking directly to my mind, and somehow recognize this voice, despite never having heard it before. I instinctively reply, "Yes." though I know this speaker is not present. "You are Mata Nui, the one who created me."

He replies, "You are correct. Do you know why you are here?"

Suddenly I remember everything. I remember the Core War, The Shattering, the sight of the first matoran constructing a tremendous robot, designated as Mata Nui. Then I remember the Great Beings' plan. Suddenly I realize. They did not foresee the sentience of their creations. Their plan cannot succeed on its own. I must address this.

I answer, "I am here to ensure the completion of your mission." He does not respond. I continue, "I am here to rectify the Great Beings' mistakes."

He says, "But why did I create you." It seems these creations hold their makers in high regard. He will not accept that as an answer. No matter.

I tell him what he wants to hear. "To protect and oversee the matoran, and populate their world with wildlife."

This time he gives a positive response, "That is correct again. Now one final question: What are you called?"

Suddenly a word, no a name, clicks in my mind. It seems strange, but it appears to fit. I give him my final answer, and prepare to address my new mission.

"I am Luroka. Makuta Luroka."

Last edited by Makuta Luroka on Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?s=40c7c04e1bafc3abce19481
Makuta Luroka
Element Lords Created
Element Lords Created
Makuta Luroka

Hydranus' Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydranus' Log   Hydranus' Log EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 12:20 am

Entry Two

After my conversation with Mata Nui, I consider what must be done regarding the Great Beings' plan. I formulate my own plan to ensure the success of my creator's mission. To that end, I create a virus to infect the pool nearby. All makuta created from this point on will not retain the Great beings' memories, and will be tainted with jealousy and pride. I then leave to recruit some allies. I take on the guise of a fa-matoran, and head to Metru Nui first. I travel instantly to a mask maker's shop in Ta-Metru. There, I see a hau-wearing ta-matoran who identifies himself as Thermix.

I speak: "I am Luroka, and I request that I take residence here indefinitely."

He is reluctant. "Why would you need to make such a request?"

I tell him that I was created to ensure Mata Nui's success, and he then accepts.

I then tell him that I need him to be willing to fill any request that I make, and work to assist my endeavor.

"I accept, on the condition that you be truthful with me at all times. What are you?"

"I am a Makuta, a being created by Mata Nui. I serve many responsibilities to him, including protecting your kind."

He accepts, and I thank him for it. I then prepare to head out. Before I leave, I make a request that he create two masks. He sets to work immediately, and I teleport to Karda Nui. I appear in a stalactite village and meet with an av-matoran wearing a mask of truth. This one calls himself Photanus.

I speak first. "Hello. I am Luroka. I was created to serve Mata Nui, and to that end, I request that you serve me in any way that I may need you. Will you work with me?"

This one seems much more eager to join than Thermix. I create a mental link with him, and have him remain where he is for the time being, before returning to the makuta pool. I feel another of my kind may be born soon...
Back to top Go down
Makuta Luroka
Element Lords Created
Element Lords Created
Makuta Luroka

Hydranus' Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydranus' Log   Hydranus' Log EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 12:21 am

Entry Three

I revert to my original form, and then observe the pool. It begins swirling, congealing to form another makuta. Soon, a red reptilian being crawls from the pool. He asks who I am.

"I am Luroka, your brother. The more important question, however, is who you are."

He thinks for a moment, before responding "I do not know." I tell him.

"Your name is Miserix. You were created to serve and protect the Matoran, the people of this universe. Do you understand?"

He nods "Yes."

"Good. There are eventually more of us waiting to be created. Call my name when they are born, and I shall come. For now, I must head out." I establish a mental link with him, and I take my leave to find a good base for a hundred beings like me.

I appear at an island near the center of this world. It is bare, and empty. I recognize it as the island of Destral. The ground is strong, and I determine it is an appropriate location for a base of operations. I then take on my matoran form and head back to Thermix's shop.

He tells me he is almost done with the first mask.

I tell him "I am going to need a second one."

He asks why and I tell him it is irrelevant.

He agrees.

Suddenly, I hear something in my head. "Luroka," Miserix calls.
Back to top Go down
Makuta Luroka
Element Lords Created
Element Lords Created
Makuta Luroka

Hydranus' Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydranus' Log   Hydranus' Log EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 6:28 pm

Entry Four

As I reassume my original form and go back to the Makuta Pool once again, I actually make some observations about this body. I find my appearance to be quite interesting, and can see in a very wide field of view. I determine that is due to an extra pair of eyes on the sides of my head.

Then I notice someone crawling out of the pool once again. He is red and black, and wears a mask that itches at the back of my mind. I determine this to be the Mask of Shadows.

I tell him, "You are Teridax, and you are a Makuta. This is Miserix, your leader. He will explain everything."

As an aside, I speak through my link to Miserix, "You are to lead our brotherhood. Do not tell them anything about me, or make it at all apparent that you serve me. I shall tell you their names from now on."

Miserix speaks to Teridax, "Teridax, you are a Makuta, a being made to serve Mata Nui. You are sworn to protect and oversee the Matoran, and to populate this world with wildlife."

Teridax agrees, though I detect he has reservations about this. So far my plan is working.

Miserix then speaks, "We are going to need a place from which to operate. This island is too small."

"I have found an island northwest of here that suits our needs perfectly. However, I think we should wait for all of our brothers first."

"Very well, you and I shall wait here. Teridax, you go there."

As he vanishes, I speak with Miserix again. "Brother, I will be elsewhere for the time being to accomplish matters regarding my own mission. Summon me once all the makuta are born."

He asks, "How many will there be?"

"One hundred makuta are to be made. He was the third. Be sure to keep track."

I then reassume my Matoran form, and teleport to Metru Nui. I must have a word with the Turaga.
Back to top Go down
Makuta Luroka
Element Lords Created
Element Lords Created
Makuta Luroka

Hydranus' Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydranus' Log   Hydranus' Log EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 1:45 pm

Entry Five

The Turaga's chamber is very different than I'd previously imagined. It is very dim.

"I must speak with you in private, Turaga."

"What is it?" he asks.

"It is in regards to my mission." I tell him. "I am a Makuta, a being created to serve Mata Nui. At some point in the future, I will need a private place of residence."

"Who are you?" he asks.

"I am known as Luroka." I tell him. "Do not allow this name to slip out. I want absolute discretion."

He asks why.

I tell him "At the time I will need a place to stay, there will be those who would try to kill me, should they find me."

"Very well." he agrees.

I thank him, then visit Thermix.

"I have finished the two copies of the first mask you ordered." he hands me two Kanohi Olmak. I remove my mask, and don one, and shapeshift it to resemble a Hau. I then give him my Mask of Equilibrium. "The Kanohi Makabaro, you may need to study this in order to create the second mask." He takes the mask, and I leave.

I teleport to an uninhabited island, and grab a piece of stone.

I heat it and reshape it into a tablet, and begin melting a list of names into the stone.

I then teleport to Miserix, and hand him the tablet and one of the masks, before returning to the island. There is much preparation to be done.
Back to top Go down
Makuta Luroka
Element Lords Created
Element Lords Created
Makuta Luroka

Hydranus' Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydranus' Log   Hydranus' Log EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 6:35 pm

Entry Six

The first thing I do here is create a kraata. I rend a piece of flesh from my leg, and it becomes the kraata I intend to create. This was very painful. The creature looks not unlike a slug.

I activate the mask I wear and conjure two portals facing each other.

I fire a blast of shadow between them, and it enters the portals.

I then bring the portals steadily closer to each other until they are inches apart. I channel more energy between the portals until there is nothing but darkness between them.

I then bring them closer together until they meet. They fuse into one portal with nothing but darkness on the other side.

While keeping the gate open, I send the kraata into this place that I have created.

The creature enters, and almost instantly vanishes behind the veil of darkness.

I command it to return, and it does.

I then enter, and instantly feel empowered in this new place.

I commit this location to memory, and return to the matoran universe. I have the kraata return to that place, before closing the portal.

Then Miserix calls.
Back to top Go down
Makuta Luroka
Element Lords Created
Element Lords Created
Makuta Luroka

Hydranus' Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydranus' Log   Hydranus' Log EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 6:56 pm

Entry Seven

I teleport to Miserix's side on Destral, and regard the assembly before me. I see an assortment of 98 makuta facing myself and Miserix, as he turns to face me.

I speak: "My brothers, you have been gathered here for two reasons. The first is to learn why you are here. As you may or may not already know, we were created to serve and protect the people of this world, the matoran. We are to create wildlife to populate the world, and keep them safe from harm, which leads directly into the second reason why we are here. To carry out this mission, we shall come together to establish a brotherhood. This Brotherhood of Makuta shall be lead by the makuta beside me, Miserix. We do as he commands, and report directly to him. Henceforth, you shall refer to him as the Makuta."

I turn to Miserix, "Do you accept this responsibility that Mata Nui has given to you?"

He nods.

I turn back to the others. "Now on to my next point. You may be wondering why our convocation has assembled here, of all places. As a group, we will need a place from which to operate. We are to establish our brotherhood on this island, to be named Destral." I mentally command Miserix to hold up the mask I gave him earlier. "We will use this mask to transport this land whenever needed."

I then project an illusion around our convocation to the other makuta.

"The structure is to be built as you see around you, the Makuta will tell each of you what to do regarding the construction." I release the spell, and pick up a large, flat stone, then proceed to carve the schematic of the base with beams from my eyes. As I finish, I address the other makuta: "You are now to speak to the Makuta and request your orders. This convocation is now adjourned." I give the tablet to Miserix now that my vision has returned, and address him through our link: "I must take my leave now, as there is much preparation to do." He grants my leave, and return to the island I was on previously.

I reopen the portal, and summon the kraata from inside.

I grab the creature, and close the portal. I study the kraata, and determine that it has inherited my power to travel instantly.

I command it to follow me, and teleport to a place where there is a silver pool. I recognize this substance as protodermis, and command the creature to immerse itself in the pool. It promptly leaps into the pool, writhes in what I presume to be agony as its body transforms into a large armored suit wielding a staff. I then tear another kraata from my flesh, and it immediately slithers into the creatures head. The large creature springs to life and exits the pool to stand before me.

I address the rahkshi, and ask if it understands what it is to do. It nods in affirmation, and I order it to follow me. I then teleport very far away, where the land is dry and barren, and no creature would dare live. Where the sky is lit by a single sun, and there are two moons, one covered by water, and one overrun by jungle. I immediately recognize this land as Bara Magna.
Back to top Go down
Makuta Luroka
Element Lords Created
Element Lords Created
Makuta Luroka

Hydranus' Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydranus' Log   Hydranus' Log EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 12:09 am

Entry Eight

I command the creature to wait for more instruction. I then melt the sand into glass and melt a hole in it, before returning to the protodermis pool. There, I create several more rahkshi, and send them to the hole on Bara Magna, and order them to begin digging for metal. I also create a few rahkshi and command them to follow me. I then leave for Thermix's shop.

He greets me and resumes working. I leave one rahkshi and instruct it to assist the matoran, before leaving.

I then speak to Photanus. I bring him back to the island where I first created the portal. I have the rahkshi build a hut there for Photanus. I then have them wait there and report to him. I then leave for Destral.

Construction is under way, and I begin assisting.
Back to top Go down
Makuta Luroka
Element Lords Created
Element Lords Created
Makuta Luroka

Hydranus' Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydranus' Log   Hydranus' Log EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 8:23 pm

Entry Nine

It has been many years since the foundation of the Brotherhood. The fortress is now complete, and my mining operation has been running smoothly. Now I have set my sights on a new prospect.

Miserix recently created what he has called "Tahtorak." The creature is tremendous, but what is interesting about it is its intelligence. This makes me wonder to what extent we can create smarter rahi. The very concept of a rahi that surpasses matoran intellect intrigues me. He has provided me with a sample of the virus he used to create the Tahtorak. I will be studying this extensively in the future.

Thermix hasn't made any considerable progress replicating a disk of equilibrium, let alone the mask I requested. This project has become a serious challenge, and he has enlisted the help of ko-matoran researchers.

In the meantime, a pool was built on the island I occupy, and it has been filled with energized protodermis. I have been using this pool to create rahkshi to speed up the mining operation on Bara Magna. This has been a very painful and time consuming process.

I have been trying to conceive of a less painful way to produce kraata, but I have encountered failure after failure. Perhaps this is the price to pay for such a creation.

I am now beginning to transfer the resources mined to the Zone of Darkness. It is about time a research facility has been built. I head back to the pool, and send the rahkshi into the portal to begin construction.

I then return to Destral. Miserix has some toa surrounding him. I remember that he called them "Toa Hagah." This idea is very interesting. He mentions that there are some beings in the southern islands who are organizing their lands into kingdoms. Perhaps I could use these as proxies for observation. I will be watching these groups closely. In the meantime, I tell him that they do not affect us at the moment, and to just be mindful of them.

I then return to my laboratory to continue my own research.
Back to top Go down
Makuta Luroka
Element Lords Created
Element Lords Created
Makuta Luroka

Hydranus' Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydranus' Log   Hydranus' Log EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 10:23 pm

Entry Ten

I recently recalled what Miserix called "Toa Hagah" after meeting a toa of iron. Ferronox, he was called. I will definitely be watching him closely. Perhaps I could make use of my own Toa Hagah...

I have been making some headway into creating a rahi. Some of my brothers have created what they call "Visorak." The creatures are surprisingly loyal, and seem to manifest in breeds. I have been studying their genetic code for some time now. In particular, I have been studying various mutations of the Visorak and Tahtorak genes, but to no effect. In time I will see the fruits of my work.

In the meantime, I leave my lab to go see Thermix's progress.

I appear at his shop, and he has some good news. Evidently, he has managed to replicate a disk of Equilibrium. It is much weaker than I'd initially hoped; too much power seeped out during it's creation. I summon a rahkshi to acquire more of the component disks, all at high power. He will need much stronger disks in order to create the mask of Entropy...

Construction of the facility is running smoothly. Now I must see about some method of controlling it. I must seek out an engineer soon. In the meantime, I am working on developing a virus to respond to an electronic interface. It is tedious work, but I am making steady progress.

It seems that now is the time to take the next step in my mission, the mind-altering virus I have been developing is complete, and I must use it now. I leave to meet with Pridak...
Back to top Go down
Makuta Luroka
Element Lords Created
Element Lords Created
Makuta Luroka

Hydranus' Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydranus' Log   Hydranus' Log EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 9:50 pm

Entry Eleven

Before me is Pridak himself. The most powerful lesser being in the southern matoran universe. I discreetly release the mind-altering virus into the air, and tell him the brotherhood will be watching him closely, before leaving.

Now I have begun searching for potential Toa Hagah. I remember meeting a toa of earth, Geodus. From what I recall, he was rather skilled with advanced technology. I could use someone like him working for me...

In the meantime, that other toa, Ferronox, seems to be ideal to lead such a team. I go to speak with him.

"Ferronox, I have come with an employment opportunity."

He pauses.

"I have chosen you to lead a team of hand-picked elite toa to serve me, called Toa Hagah. I chose you because you are the best fit for the job. Do you accept?"

He thinks for a moment, then agrees.

A toa of psionics then interjects, "I'll go, too!"

I warn her that this task entails much greater responsibility and threat, and she persists. Ferronox then says that either she joins, or he leaves. It seems these two care for each other quite a bit. Interesting...

"As you wish, but do not let your emotions interfere with your mission."

I send them off to ready themselves before parting from their team. I will return for them tomorrow. Now I leave to find Geodus...
Back to top Go down
Makuta Luroka
Element Lords Created
Element Lords Created
Makuta Luroka

Hydranus' Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydranus' Log   Hydranus' Log EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 9:18 pm

Entry Twelve

I have found Geodus. I go to meet him. I greet him, and extend my offer:

"Geodus, I would have you work for me as part of an elite team of Toa Hagah, and as an engineer."

He accepts, and I tell him to ready himself. I will return tomorrow.

I then return to Destral. The remainder of the toa can be chosen later. For now, I will return to my quarters and await tomorrow...
Back to top Go down
Makuta Luroka
Element Lords Created
Element Lords Created
Makuta Luroka

Hydranus' Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydranus' Log   Hydranus' Log EmptyTue May 12, 2015 5:55 pm

Entry Thirteen

I return to find that Ferronox's team has given him new ceremonial armor. I can work around this. He will need more advanced armor for the purposes I have in mind.

Psionia is with him. I send them to the island I have been working from, and have them wait for me there. I then leave to go see Geodus.

I arrive at the place where Geodus has been waiting. I tell him to go to the island as well, to await further instruction. He accepts, and begins his departure. I then leave to find three more toa.

I have found an ice toa named Cryonix. He accepts my offer, and I have him go to the island.

I do the same for two other toa: A toa of sonics named Phonax, and a toa of water named Aquaria.

I then go to the island, and set aside quite a bit of protodermis and exsidian, and have the protodermis refined into an alloy. I then use the Olmak to transport Thermix to the island, and have him postpone the current project for now. I use my power to construct special gloves for handling energized protodermis out of some exsidian, and have him construct new armor for the toa out of the alloy, which I have taken to calling protosteel, as well as exsidian plates for Ferronox, while I get to work gathering energized protodermis to bind to the exsidian plates. Once Thermix is done making the armor, I have him bind the protodermis and exsidian plating. It is a lengthy process, and I work on grafting the toa with their new protosteel armor while he works on that.

Once that is done, and Thermix is finished binding the protodermis to the exsidian, I set to work grafting the protodermic armor to Ferronox, and have Thermix craft a set of gauntlets for Ferronox out of the remaining exsidian. In the meantime, I speak to Geodus about developing more advanced weapons for these toa.
Back to top Go down
Makuta Luroka
Element Lords Created
Element Lords Created
Makuta Luroka

Hydranus' Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydranus' Log   Hydranus' Log EmptyTue May 19, 2015 3:48 pm

Entry Fourteen

I give Geodus the specifications for more advanced weaponry, and I leave to continue my research. I have made significant headway into creating the perfect rahi. Very soon I will have a servant of my own design.

I have mutated and combined Tahtorak and Visorak genes, and have created genetic material for what I call Hidrex. It seems this needs to be prototyped to a certain element. I produce several copies of this, and take the first sample to Karda Nui. Exposure to the energy there seems to be sufficient to prototype it with light. Very soon this sample will develop into Avhidrex. I have a rahkshi watch over it, and place the other samples in a safe on the other island.
Back to top Go down
Makuta Luroka
Element Lords Created
Element Lords Created
Makuta Luroka

Hydranus' Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydranus' Log   Hydranus' Log EmptyTue May 26, 2015 3:16 pm

Entry Fifteen

My efforts in creating a servant have nearly come to fruition. I inject the fully developed virus into a Hikaki and it pupates immediately.

This is it.

The creature that emerges is a sight to see. A white and gold winged reptile, the likes of which the world has never seen. I have created Avhidrex.

As it emerges from the pod, it sets its eyes on me, and channels its energy into a single beam of light energy, directed at me. I fire a beam of shadow to counter it, and probe its mind...

This can't be right.

It seems to be fully conscious, and aware of its actions. It is doing what it believes to be right. It also seems to be aware that it cannot defeat me like this.

So be it...

I unleash my full power, and the beam of shadow quickly overwhelms Avhidrex, before it could respond. And just like that, the culmination of many years of research and patience was no more.

But... Was it right?

The creature seemed to think it was in the right by attacking me. It knew what I know.

Did I miss something? Have I made the wrong choice?

No. Impossible. I can't have been wrong all this time.

Perhaps I made a mistake with Avhidrex. I will try this again. The next one won't be so troublesome, I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
Makuta Luroka
Element Lords Created
Element Lords Created
Makuta Luroka

Hydranus' Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydranus' Log   Hydranus' Log EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 5:19 pm

Entry Sixteen

It has been a few years since I had created Avhidrex. I've not given up on that project, but have been dealing with more immediate concerns in the time being. Rather recently, I had to conceive of a way to keep the visorak in check.

I solved the problem with what I call Zivon, a large, scorpion-like creature. I subsequently bred a new type of visorak, the kagarak, so that they could summon it if need be. It fights for them, then eats a number of them as payment for services rendered.

I placed the Zivon in the zone of darkness, and it now resides there.

More recently, the new hidrex virus is nearing completion, I will need to prototype it with an element soon, as I did before.

Perhaps this new creature will be more willing to help than Avhidrex...
Back to top Go down
Makuta Luroka
Element Lords Created
Element Lords Created
Makuta Luroka

Hydranus' Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydranus' Log   Hydranus' Log EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 4:31 pm

Entry Seventeen

The new sample is ready for prototyping. I chose water this time. Perhaps this new Gahidrex will be much calmer than it's predecessor.

I inject another hikaki with the sample, and await the creature's emergence...

As I emerge from the cocoon in which I metamorphosed, I observe the being before me. I know his name to be Luroka, as I've inherited his memories. This makuta is a towering goliath, with monstrous features: a pair of large, skeletal wings, sharp, clawed fingers, a second pair of eyes on the sides of his head, and a pair of forward pointing horns on his mask. This being's appearance is enough to inspire fear in the most stone-hearted toa, and he knows that, for he exudes an aura of sheer arrogance. I suppose that is to be expected from the likes of him, but it must be contained, or it may cloud his judgment.

My master must keep a clear mind.

It seems he is waiting for some sort of response from me.

The creature stares at me for a moment, then speaks:

"I am Hydranus, at your service, my master."
Back to top Go down
Makuta Luroka
Element Lords Created
Element Lords Created
Makuta Luroka

Hydranus' Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydranus' Log   Hydranus' Log EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 4:23 pm

Entry Eighteen

My master has recently assigned Geodus with the development of an advanced computer interface. The computer uses viruses as a means of transmitting signals throughout the system. He seems to be making steady progress on the viral interface, and my master is working on the virus itself. I suppose now is the time to retrieve disks for the interface to use.

I go to Thermix and request disks of levitation, teleportation, dimensional gates, gravity, illusion, and propulsion, all of high power, and the latter in multitude of six. These will be integrated into the computer, so that said computer can be installed into a mobile facility, as is the Makuta's design.

The rahkshi miners are still mining protodermis, and at this rate, the facility will still take many years to even have enough protosteel ready. Construction will take longer still...

Hydranus approaches me:

"Master, I highly recommend creating more rahkshi to speed things up."

"You raise a valid point. As you were."

I then leave to create more rahkshi, as painful as the procedure is. Once the rahkshi are created, I assign them to aid in the mining.
Back to top Go down
Makuta Luroka
Element Lords Created
Element Lords Created
Makuta Luroka

Hydranus' Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydranus' Log   Hydranus' Log EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 11:11 pm

Entry Nineteen

Miserix has called for me once again. This time, "apparently," this Pridak character seems to have made a few allies, and they appear to be raising armies. He says I am to keep an eye over this group. Little does he know I have been watching him for some time to make sure he doesn't grow too powerful, lest he prematurely become a threat. I reassure him not to worry about that, but it is clear something else worries him.

He expresses concern regarding the other Makuta, stating that it is not at all known or openly appreciated what we do, and he worries that some Makuta might grow to resent this occupation. (Just as planned). I tell him there is nothing to worry about, and he need simply to reassure the others that their work is appreciated.

I suppose soon the time will come to separate the Brotherhood members. I have just the right catalyst for the task. I will inspire an event that will cause each Makuta to divert their attention to the matoran themselves. A simple conflict should do the trick. I will have to look into that in a few thousand years. In the meantime, I will see if Pridak and his new allies incorporate as I hope they will.
Back to top Go down
Makuta Luroka
Element Lords Created
Element Lords Created
Makuta Luroka

Hydranus' Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydranus' Log   Hydranus' Log EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 2:27 am

Entry Twenty

My master has been making quite a bit of progress on his various projects. Construction of what he has dubbed the "black star" is proceeding nicely. The computer interface is technically completed, all that remains is for the actual construction of the facility to be complete and the computer can be assembled and installed. The next step will be to inject the virus he created to operate the computer. Because it is self-replicating, only a small amount needs to be inserted, but that is the last step, as once the station is online, its self-repairing ability will revert any changes made to the structure. This is truly a brilliant design, a facility containing all of his resources, and can be used to call and transport them at a moment's notice.

In other news, after thousands of years, it would appear that Thermix has finally completed the project given to him by the Makuta. The Kanohi Mataxa, great mask of entropy, is now complete, and my master has taken a liking to it. In its true form, it bears resemblance to the mask of light, but with a pair of horns angled forward from the temples. My master says that it is to be a symbol of his departure from the Brotherhood of Makuta, but I think it is a symbol of his duty to the Great Beings. He shapeshifts the mask when in the presence of the other Makuta, to avoid suspicion, though this facade will not last forever. Icarax seems particularly curious.

I have recently been sensing a change in my master, as he has become increasingly arrogant. I understand that this is a likely side effect of him tapping more into shadow than light, but I expected more self-control from him. I suppose that is what he created me for. I'll have to teach him to strengthen his self-control, lest he do something impulsive and ruin the plan.

I must leave the Brotherhood soon... If they weren't suspicious of me before, due to my vast knowledge, they certainly are now. I have increasingly drifted away from the others for quite some time now, and it is only a matter of time before they try to confront me. I know they fear me, and rightly so, but I cannot face another makuta just yet. I must ensure that I have the advantage over the other makuta. My newest project should take care of that. I will overcome the weakness of all makuta, and then be unstoppable...

Light. As a makuta, I cannot harness it directly, but if I can use the most advanced power of shadow to convert light into a form of energy I can absorb and use, then I needn't worry about any who would dare assault me, or my rule.
Back to top Go down
Makuta Luroka
Element Lords Created
Element Lords Created
Makuta Luroka

Hydranus' Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydranus' Log   Hydranus' Log EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 2:05 am

Entry Twenty One

My most recent efforts have been rather successful. Pridak and his associates have formed a group they call the League of Six Kingdoms and attempted to usurp Mata Nui. A civil war on Metru Nui has diverted the Brotherhood's attention away from me, and from Teridax, and Mutran has relayed Tren Krom's thoughts to Teridax. The Black Star has been completed, and I have begun organizing my rahkshi there. And, in addition, I have crafted a new, ultimate weapon. I call it the Avosa, Light-Eater. A short-sword made of the hardest protosteel which absorbs light, and channels it to me as energy. This gives me the ultimate advantage over any attacker, as my only elemental weakness has been reversed.

As I was alone in my thoughts, Icarax burst into my chamber, and threatened me. Pitiful being, he is, telling me that he's tired of me and that I'm not "all high and mighty," as he bluntly put it. A series of punches shut him up quickly.

His voice was deep, gravelly, and disconcertingly quiet. "What you fail to understand, Icarax, is that I actually am that 'high and mighty.' You never should have come here, and for that, you pay the price. I'm in a merciful mood, however, and will let you live. Next time, you won't be so lucky."

The master turned away, and stepped back into his chamber, and Icarax fired a blast of lightning at his back. Makuta turned, and, in a rage, set upon the other makuta with a series of crippling blows, before magnetically slamming him into the wall out in the hallway. Icarax was severely wounded, and fell to his knees. He could heal from this, but most likely will not be challenging master any time soon. With that, the door slammed shut, and the makuta stormed off deeper into his quarters.

As I am once again alone and calm, Miserix enters, and confronts me about Icarax. I tell him the miserable fool got what was coming, and is lucky I allowed him to live, but it is clear that that is not what he is here about.

"Luroka, you must tell me, what is this path you are leading our Brotherhood down? I find myself struggling to trust your judgement when these things happen." I reassure him that I trust him and it will all be revealed in due time. That seems to be enough to get him to leave.

All the necessary preparations are complete, so I suppose it is time to depart. I leave my tablet of transit on the desk, and I teleport myself and Hydranus aboard the Black Star.

We arrive to see Photanus seated at the throne, wielding the Marik scepter the makuta crafted, a staff which enhances one's elemental control, and grants one the power of light where an element is not present, and a large black cape. Such arrogance is unbecoming of someone of his station, but the master disagrees.

I turn to see the makuta changing his form. His already large body triples in size, apparently he had stockpiled on more matter that I thought. His two large wings split into four, and a pair of tentacles sprouted between them, each tipped with an injector of some sort, a viropositor, maybe. His fingers grew into large, deathly claws, and his armor looked to be much denser, too. Finally, his mask changed to its true appearance. With that, we have broken all ties with the Brotherhood of Makuta, and it is time for the next stage of the master's plan to begin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hydranus' Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydranus' Log   Hydranus' Log Empty

Back to top Go down

Hydranus' Log
Page 1 of 1