Codrex Magna
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is the Reason for Your Display Name?

Go down 
+5
phantasmicAssassin
Vaish de la Saint
The Spectral Mask
Cryomancer
Lignar
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Lignar
Mysterious Figure
Lignar

What is the Reason for Your Display Name? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is the Reason for Your Display Name?   What is the Reason for Your Display Name? - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 1:24 am

Well, my new name and theme shouldn't need too much explanation... I think.

-|W|G|-
Back to top Go down
https://codrexmagna.forumotion.com
Cryomancer
The Cold Mage
Cryomancer

PostSubject: Re: What is the Reason for Your Display Name?   What is the Reason for Your Display Name? - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 1:28 am

Kaze Azure?

I dont think I ever heard of him/her.

(Guess why ArtyFoul is my current username!)
Back to top Go down
Lignar
Mysterious Figure
Lignar

PostSubject: Re: What is the Reason for Your Display Name?   What is the Reason for Your Display Name? - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 1:30 am

Dude what, haven't you ever read the Tale?[/lackofsarcasm]

-|W|G|-
Back to top Go down
Cryomancer
The Cold Mage
Cryomancer

PostSubject: Re: What is the Reason for Your Display Name?   What is the Reason for Your Display Name? - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 1:31 am

Wally, when I see the names I just substitute them with Dave!Yognaut-ish names.

Like Wally is

Mysterious!Wally

the chick is

FemaleCharacter!PlotDevice

Back to top Go down
Lignar
Mysterious Figure
Lignar

PostSubject: Re: What is the Reason for Your Display Name?   What is the Reason for Your Display Name? - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 1:40 am

If I may speak in SOaHY-ish...

who even is even DAVEN YOGURTNAUT?

That aside, hey, she's not JUST a plot device. :P She is also one of the only major characters who will appear in almost every chapter in the Tale (as opposed to really important characters like KKM who only appear a few times). I'm pretty sure she will also appear after the Tale.

-|W|G|-
Back to top Go down
Lignar
Mysterious Figure
Lignar

PostSubject: Re: What is the Reason for Your Display Name?   What is the Reason for Your Display Name? - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 8:03 pm

My current name is an homage to someone very awesome.

Namely, the "REAL" Major Lol, who will either be mentioned in the Tale or will get his own epic (co-starring Plua Revree) when the Tale is over.

-|W|G|-
Back to top Go down
Lignar
Mysterious Figure
Lignar

PostSubject: Re: What is the Reason for Your Display Name?   What is the Reason for Your Display Name? - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 6:02 pm

THREE MONTHS THAT FLEW BY. THREE NAMES COMPLETELY OUT OF CONTEXT. THREE STORIES THAT MAKE NO SENSE.

Caurinus: I have no clue why I chose that username. It means "one of the Northwest", approximately.

Cadrevengeant: Someday I'll reveal why I chose that name, but right now it would be a minor plot spoiler.

Indigo Bullet Machine: Even though the Outlands World has basically no recording technology in wide use (that means no CDs, tapes, anything), there are bands. Indigo Bullet Machine is one of these, although the name is just a phrase that happened into my head. :P I'll probably be posting some immensely bad prototype lyrics to songs by them across various places in the site.

And of course now I'm back to my most classic name of all on this site.

-|W|G|-
Back to top Go down
X
Comrade

PostSubject: Re: What is the Reason for Your Display Name?   What is the Reason for Your Display Name? - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 12:26 am

Bet you can't guess the reason for MY name. :D

OK, OK. It's because...I like to stargaze. Not very original, I admit, but at least it's somewhat short and easy to remember.
Back to top Go down
X
Comrade

PostSubject: Re: What is the Reason for Your Display Name?   What is the Reason for Your Display Name? - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 1:37 am

[Forgive me for the double-post. I think they're justified in this type of discussion.]

A list of oft-used usernames and what they mean:

Stargazer: Explained above.

Copper Trillium: I can't even remember where this name came from. It doesn't mean anything in particular. :P

The Knife Girl: In homage to the many hours I've spent selling bladed weapons/tools to tourists.

D. Nieczelewski: After Doctor Dina Nieczelewski, a developer of virtual realities in a short story I may or may not be sharing with y'all shortly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the Reason for Your Display Name?   What is the Reason for Your Display Name? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

What is the Reason for Your Display Name?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4