The anonymous Interrorist
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Biomancer
Mysterious Figure

PostSubject: Re: The Tale: Review   Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:22 am

Well, this has been slightly forgotten, probably mostly by me.

With the Twenty-first Part, we've moved into the final stretch of the first arc of the Tale. It's about the time when it's all winding down and the story is reaching a point where I have no idea what's going to happen, at all. So it's time for me to start on that unknown part - and I think some of you might know what to expect.

Yes, that wasn't very clear, but this is as much a reminder to myself as to everyone else. :P The Tale is overdue for another chapter...

-|W|G|-

Not the Critic
Head Librarian & Game Master

PostSubject: Re: The Tale: Review   Sat May 18, 2013 1:43 pm

Well, I look forward to a new chapter, especially if member recruiting is around the corner, hint-hint. :P

Edit: It's the Omniscient Council of Vagueness again! What are they on about?

All tropes aside, I was a bit concerned when these two arrived. Enough mystique has built around them that the subtlety of their original appearances has diminished. However, I think you handled a potentially jarring situation pretty well, and it felt like it fit within the realm of plausibility, at least within the Outlands. Perhaps more significantly, it made me realize, no matter how much we come to know about these two, we will never learn anything about these two.

I loved the maps, Overlord's tundra suit, the whole nine yards. Quirky details surrounding mundane-made-epic events are what make the Tale so unique and charming. I look forward to reading more!

Biomancer
Mysterious Figure

PostSubject: Re: The Tale: Review   Sat May 18, 2013 4:15 pm

Ah, tropes...

But I'm glad you enjoyed it! I did find it difficult to work with our favorite talking crow and fortune-teller, and still wasn't sure about it by the time of posting, but as long as it seemed okay. :P

As for the coming chapters, I do have a question.

So far I've written the Tale, minus the Prelude and some various bits in between, in chronological order entirely. We're (I'm?) now at a point in the story where Overlord's path diverges from our main three characters. So, to everyone who still reads the Tale: is anyone interested in the process of Codrex Magna's forum-building before the arrival of the members, or should I skip ahead in the trio's timeline to the first return south to recruit members?

-|W|G|-

Not the Critic

PostSubject: Re: The Tale: Review   Sun May 19, 2013 2:19 pm

As an egoist, I look forward to the member recruiting. :P In all seriousness, though, I enjoy all of the internet-translated-into-Outlands bits of the Tale, and so if you think there's more to say about the setup of Codrex Magna, I'll be interested in hearing it.

Biomancer
Mysterious Figure

PostSubject: Re: The Tale: Review   Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:34 pm

Hey, guys, what's the Tale Part you remember best?

Also, relatedly, there've been a few posted since the last post in this topic which is getting close to a year ago.

-|W|G|-

Not the Critic

PostSubject: Re: The Tale: Review   Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:17 pm

My apologies for not catching the new updates! The most memorable was probably Part the Fifth, which I think of as Toggle's first appearance, and your description of the Triple Fortress. In addition to naming KKM and introducing the Horoscope Man, it was also the first appearance of login guards, Kaze, and the first mention of Overlord by name.

As for the most recent Parts - Wally once knowing VanTan is both unexpected and yet idiomatic. It makes perfect sense, given Wally's, and your, preoccupation with birds, although it only raises more questions about Wally's past. Kaze recruiting members makes sense in-story, but I'm still grappling to find out how she translates to this website's out-of-character history.

Interesting that Overlord (your account on BZPower) needs weapons from Wally (your account here) and now from the General (Trakvan, I presume, from EPE), having already collected from Maestro (Codrex Magna). Almost as if he's unifying your twisted, turned path through the BIONICLE forums. Or maybe not almost as if, but exactly as if.

And Maestro's leaving to find members! What have Arty and Spectral been up to!? I am as excited as ever to see your interpretation of me.

Biomancer
Mysterious Figure

PostSubject: Re: The Tale: Review   Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:29 pm

Ah yes, Part the Fifth... I can see why you'd remember that one the best.

Wally, despite his general good nature, has been a questionable character throughout the Tale. How could he be connected with VT? Why a forum, or the Codrex sphere? Much remains to be seen, if we actually get to see the other side of him at all.

Kaze is odd because she simply fell into place - she had to be the third protagonist, even though she doesn't translate to anyone in our world at all. But how else would Wally and Maestro manage the founding of the forum? Their combination, with Maestro's ill temper and Wally's slight complacency, isn't exactly ideal without Kaze to lend a tad more skepticism and expertise. Perhaps it's best to think of her as part of the pantheonic cast along with Overlord and the General.

And speaking of Overlord and the General, it looks like there's another link forming! The two previously had little interaction (though it's hinted that Overlord vaguely knew the General), but again the weapons bond people...

But yeah, it's time to leave the ribbony detours behind and get to some membering... well, after another chapter or two.

-|W|G|-

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Tale: Review   

Back to top Go down

The Tale: Review
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4