Codrex Magna
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic

Go down 
+2
Lord Mayhem
Cryomancer
6 posters

Favorite Main Character
The Mage King
Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic I_vote_lcap0%Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Malfatto D'chelli
Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic I_vote_lcap0%Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Antonio
Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic I_vote_lcap33%Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 1 ]
Mei Ling
 0% [ 0 ]
Brutus of Scantarva
 0% [ 0 ]
Father Frein
 0% [ 0 ]
Lord Akdael
 0% [ 0 ]
Arkan
Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic I_vote_lcap67%Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Cryomancer
The Cold Mage
Cryomancer

Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic Empty
PostSubject: Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic   Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 1:38 am

Dead Men Tell No Tales
<*>
Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic Deadmen

Centauria Democratica's Info:
Spoiler:

Backstory:

On an island about 20 times the size of Manhattan.... Off the coast of Greenland... Lies a small nation. A nation that controlled most of the world for a while. Here lies Centauria Democratica, the Nation of Worlds. It is in some political turmoil. The President is now nothing but a puppet for a King only the old priests of the Atheistic Church of CD remember, and walls have gone up around the nation. The lush fields of the south provide food, but the people still starve. Cryopolis, the capital, is now home to thieves and a new group of rebels. "Los Liberadoras", a group of mostly Portuguese assassins and genii. They have grouped together to try and overthrow the king once and for all. They are going up against a nation.

Characters:

Spoiler:

Groups within CD:

Spoiler:

More things will be added as the story progesses.

All criticisms and thoughts are accepted.

Happy Reading!

~A~

Last edited by The Mortal on Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lord Mayhem
First Toa Team
First Toa Team
Lord Mayhem

PostSubject: merger   Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:13 pm

awesome
Back to top Go down
Lignar
Mysterious Figure
Lignar

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic   Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:32 pm

Iraemancer, please post in the review topic (here), not in the actual epic.

Sorry, AF, I don't have a full review just yet. :P

-|W|G|-
Back to top Go down
https://codrexmagna.forumotion.com
Cryomancer
The Cold Mage
Cryomancer

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic   Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:33 pm

Irae: Well, gee, that was constructive. :P

Wally: Take your time.

~A~
Back to top Go down
Lignar
Mysterious Figure
Lignar

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic   Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 6:24 pm

I like it, of course. :P It sets a dark and odd mood.

I did notice a couple of things, though. Firstly, for a First Police Unit, they seemed awfully gullible. :P Secondly, eagles don't caw...

-|W|G|-
Back to top Go down
Cryomancer
The Cold Mage
Cryomancer

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic   Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 7:33 pm

The story IS very odd and dark.
Unit One is not very smart. :P

And I've replaced "Caw" with "noise".

:P

~A~
Back to top Go down
Lignar
Mysterious Figure
Lignar

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic   Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 9:37 pm

I assumed it would be odd and dark. What epic of yours hasn't been? :P (AND THIS IS WHY WE NEED SOME COUNTERPOINT COMEDIES, SPECTRAL)

And I see.

-|W|G|-
Back to top Go down
Lord Mayhem
First Toa Team
First Toa Team
Lord Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic   Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 9:46 pm

well next time im stopped by the police I know what trick to use...

btw when are there gonna be more dead men tell no tales installments?
Back to top Go down
Cryomancer
The Cold Mage
Cryomancer

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic   Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 9:51 pm

@Irae: You can call it DMTNT if you want. I plan to update it by sections, once every one or two weeks.

@Wally: I WILL WRITE A COMEDY NEXT

~A~
Back to top Go down
Lignar
Mysterious Figure
Lignar

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic   Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 10:01 pm

It'll probably be a dark and odd comedy, too. :P

-|W|G|-
Back to top Go down
Cryomancer
The Cold Mage
Cryomancer

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic   Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 10:20 pm

Twisted Comedy, my specialty.

~A~
Back to top Go down
Lignar
Mysterious Figure
Lignar

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic   Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 10:38 pm

I thought it was Spectral's humor. :P

Also, I was wondering... what will Arkan's name change to, if requested? Or is it that an alternate name can be submitted?

-|W|G|-
Back to top Go down
Cryomancer
The Cold Mage
Cryomancer

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic   Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 11:15 pm

Well, it's up to Arkadios.
It's his avatar, it's based off of him.

He can change it whenever he wants.

Likewise, you all can have characters in it if you want. :P

~A~
Back to top Go down
The Spectral Mask
Head Librarian & Game Master
The Spectral Mask

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic   Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 12:08 am

Twisted Comedy is my humor. I like Arty's comedies. :P

My style... you tell me what my style is, I dunno. I'm about to read it, Arty, and I'll let you know what I think.
Back to top Go down
https://codrexmagna.forumotion.com/
Cryomancer
The Cold Mage
Cryomancer

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic   Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 12:13 am

YAY SPECTRAL

REEEAD.

~A~
Back to top Go down
The Spectral Mask
The Spectral Mask

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic   Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 12:17 am

Very interesting. As always, you appeared to be inspired by something brilliant (Assassin's Creed) and turned it into something even greater. However, you carried over a few elements from AC that ruined the effect - the ethnicities of the characters? The picture in the first post of this topic? Your story is good, but some of the elements carried over from AC make it seem unoriginal. In addition, all three officers in one swipe? Killing one that way is epic, but three is unrealistic, and more action could've taken place if Antonio needed three seperate tricks. That move made him seem like Harly, which isn't nessessarily a good thing (though we all love him).

It's not bad, but anyone who knows where that picture's from feels a little disapointed afterward. I won't make any suggestions on how to fix the things I don't like here, but if you want them, I can give them. Still, you have author's powers to do whatever you want - don't let my opinions change your story, at the very most lightly influence it.

Sorry if this was overly negative, but coming to the review and seeing AC shocked me, and I suddenly put a lot of puzzle peices togather about Antonio that disapointed me. That's all for now...
Back to top Go down
Lignar
Mysterious Figure
Lignar

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic   Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 12:19 am

NOW I know where that picture's from. :P

I still think Malfatto and the Mage King are good characters...

-|W|G|-
Back to top Go down
Cryomancer
The Cold Mage
Cryomancer

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic   Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 12:27 am

@Spectral: Well duh, what did you think I meant when I said that this was a mix between Assassins Creed and Looking for Group? Something not Assassins Creed? :P

As for the banner, well, it was the best working image.
I originally considered finding images or commissioning them on Deviant Art for the characters, but it seems to me that this image fit them all the best.

As for the TRIPLE KILL [/call of duty], you must understand a couple things:

One, Antonio is one of the most quick/flexible characters in this world, and two, the three guards were grouped together.

Perhaps only two guards were killed in from behind, and the third turned around, getting sliced, STILL, in the neck, but I'll leave that to you reader. Wink

And the ethnic backgrounds of the players?
Let me tell you something, neither Altair or Ezio were Portuguese.

I simply chose the background because, one, I wasn't going to have them ALL Americans, and two, I can speak some Spanish.

@Wally:

THEY ARE THANK YOU
I think you might like Malfatto.

Back to top Go down
Lignar
Mysterious Figure
Lignar

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic   Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 12:33 am

Wait a minute, I thought you already were Malfatto

I sure don't see why I'd dislike him. :P Also, that is one flaw with the Assassin's Creed banner... it doesn't have the Mage King.

-|W|G|-
Back to top Go down
Cryomancer
The Cold Mage
Cryomancer

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic   Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 12:36 am

Well, the Mage King is only seen towards, like, the end of Chapter 2....

And I plan to make each chapter have about 10 sections... So yeah.

I think there's a reason he isn't on there. :P

~A~
Back to top Go down
Lignar
Mysterious Figure
Lignar

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic   Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 12:43 am

Whoa wow what.

I thought you said he was the main character? :P

-|W|G|-
Back to top Go down
Cryomancer
The Cold Mage
Cryomancer

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic   Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 12:44 am

The Mage King is HEARD from, he's just not SEEN, or given a DESCRIPTION.

And Antonio is the main character.

Back to top Go down
Lignar
Mysterious Figure
Lignar

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic   Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 12:55 am

Okay then. :P Still, the Mage King's one of my favorite characters.

-|W|G|-
Back to top Go down
Cryomancer
The Cold Mage
Cryomancer

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic   Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 1:03 am

And he should be.

He's maging up your countries, snatching yo' conspiracers up, gotta hide 'em all cuz he's maging up everyone out there.

~A~
Back to top Go down
The Spectral Mask
The Spectral Mask

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic   Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 1:16 am

When you said it would be a mix of Assassin's Creed and Looking for a Group, I expected something like this. I just didn't know DMTNT was a mix of Assassin's Creed and Looking for a Group - I thought you were talking about something else.

This story would be great if you shook off your roots and went in your own direction with it, something you are capable of doing and might still do. It's good, but it's not great... yet.
Back to top Go down
Cryomancer
The Cold Mage
Cryomancer

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic   Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 1:20 am

What else would I be talking about? :P

Well, I assure you I will try to be creative as it progresses.

~A~
Back to top Go down
Cryomancer
The Cold Mage
Cryomancer

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic   Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 1:00 am

Arkadios wrote:
I applause you,

very nice job, and very exiting.

keep up the good work.

~Arkadios~

A reminder, all posts reviewing the story go in the review topic.

And thank you.

The next chapter would be up today, but I managed to leave it at school.

~A~
Back to top Go down
phantasmicAssassin
Fall of the Robot
Fall of the Robot
phantasmicAssassin

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic   Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 1:10 am

I've heard

Sideways Grin

~Arkadios~
Back to top Go down
Cryomancer
The Cold Mage
Cryomancer

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic   Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 1:14 am

Do try to be a little more creative when posting a review, though.

Anyways, next section will include a look into Antonio's backgrounds...
As well as a look at the marvelous-ness that is Arkan.

~A~
Back to top Go down
phantasmicAssassin
Fall of the Robot
Fall of the Robot
phantasmicAssassin

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic   Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 3:13 pm

*Fangirls gasps*

*Fangirl faints*

Finally

~Arkan~

P.S Hows that for original?

Koolade, ooh... YA...
Back to top Go down
Cryomancer
The Cold Mage
Cryomancer

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic   Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 1:46 am

Uh, 1-2 will be up soon, probably posted half at a time.
I'm sorry for the long waits, school has been very busy this...
Well...
Year. :P
So, in any case, the new section will go over just a little background, and show
some of the skills of the second in command Liberadora, Arkan.

~A~
Back to top Go down
The Spectral Mask
The Spectral Mask

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic   Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 1:52 pm

Read it, very interesting, and I fixed your font-fail title. :P

Well, the forum moderator has to do something, else I'm just a guy with a fancy title and a purple name. :P
Back to top Go down
Cryomancer
The Cold Mage
Cryomancer

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic   Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 3:02 pm

I'm still editing it. :P

Back to top Go down
-Sykura-
Matoran Universe Created
Matoran Universe Created

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic   Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 8:54 pm

Creative name is creative.

Just saying. :P

-Sykura
Back to top Go down
Cryomancer
The Cold Mage
Cryomancer

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic   Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 9:01 pm

I'm trying to decide whether or not that was complimentary....

You're off the hook for now. :P
Back to top Go down
-Sykura-
Matoran Universe Created
Matoran Universe Created

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic   Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 9:02 pm

May I ask what this "Scantarva" is?

-Sykura
Back to top Go down
Cryomancer
The Cold Mage
Cryomancer

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic   Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 9:07 pm

I coulda sworn I said it somewhere around here...
But basically, CD is split into three sections.

The lower half of the country is mainly field like, with somewhat tropical weather....

The middle section is mainly like New York, or other big cities. A lot of tall buildings and crowded streets.

The top half, named Scantarva, is a lot like alaska (Without the polar bear-hunting-almost Vice Presidents.) There's lots of mountains, Christmas trees, and snow.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic   Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic Empty

Back to top Go down

Dead Men Tell No Tales: The Review Topic
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Codrex Magna :: Creative Discussion-
Jump to: