Codrex Magna
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Day of the Number

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Spectral Mask
Head Librarian & Game Master
The Spectral Mask

Day of the Number Empty
PostSubject: Day of the Number   Day of the Number EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 3:17 am

Quote :
Gathered Friends,

Let us listen again to the legend...

Today, the happy Day of the Number is upon us. I confess, having been incapacitated by the flu, I had not been keeping track of the date, and almost missed my opportunity.

Some of you may fall into the trap of assuming Codrex Magna is dead. It is not now, nor has it ever been, nor shall it ever be, devoid of life. We all carry a part of this site and this community with us. I think that Wally and I in particular carry a great debt to the conversations and ideations which are immortalized here, a debt not in the pocket but in the mind, and in the creative spark that ignites us. Life does not get in the way. For us, Codrex Magna is at the core of life, and it is present always.

Codrex Magna is not a chapter, but a leitmotif of my life. Codrex Magna is one (but not the only one) of the ciphers that encrypts my future, always intimately familiar, and yet eternally unknown. Codrex Magna is the well of my as-of-yet unused ink. Codrex Magna remains, fixed in place, when all else is thrown into disarray by time, activity, and wind. Codrex Magna is at once the warmth of laughter and a crisp intellectual cold.

But Codrex Magna is not an empty shell. It is not an abandoned fortress. It is a home, my home, our home, and its significance, its only significance, is the spirit and wit and joy of those it has gathered into its cavity.

Us.

Let's light it up.

- 1/15
Back to top Go down
https://codrexmagna.forumotion.com/
Cryomancer
The Cold Mage
Cryomancer

Day of the Number Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day of the Number   Day of the Number EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 3:25 am

I have not stepped through these forum halls for months save in my memories and dreams.

Fond memories, I might add. Here I partook in conversation and adventure and friendship, and I'll always be grateful for it all. I value creativity and camaraderie and this place has lacked neither even if it has lacked activity as of late.

As we all move on with our lives in different ways I know that the joy of discussion and tomfoolery never leaves us.
Back to top Go down
Lignar
Mysterious Figure
Lignar

Day of the Number Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day of the Number   Day of the Number EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 6:54 am

I think what is here has no way of dying. The fact that we return over and again through time, even when other life happenings keep us from posting like we once did, seems to show all that. We have something important to keep going, and the fire we care about keeps its foothold in the furnace (hey, I didn't claim this was a metaphor of great quality).

I started this all because I wanted to show the world I could create at least something. You folks made me believe that I could create something worthwhile, and did the same along with me. I do carry that belief everywhere, and while I hope you both do too, it also lives here for us to return to.

With that, since some manner of giving (from my end) is traditional on this illustrious occasion, I present to you a hint as well as (probably of more shock) a photograph.

Day of the Number 31529474103_48d737b323_c

*record scratch*
You're probably wondering how I got myself here. Yes, that's me on the right, with the artist formerly known as Starry on the left. It's a long story, so why don't we rewind to the beginning and I'll take you through my Crazy But True Tale...

Speaking of the Tale, a familiar character with opaque eyes should be getting some backstory written - and posted - relatively soon. We'll see in what thread that ends up.

Happy Glorious Day of the Number, you all (at least in MST... whoops).

-|W|G|-
Back to top Go down
https://codrexmagna.forumotion.com
The Spectral Mask
Head Librarian & Game Master
The Spectral Mask

Day of the Number Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day of the Number   Day of the Number EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 9:29 pm

Gudnus meus, guys, I didn't mean to write this as a eulogy! The forum isn't just metaphorically alive, I had some ideas for LEGO related projects that might actually attract some attention, if that's something we still want. I was trying to be poetic, and you guys followed suit beautifully, but I think you misunderstood.

I haven't been very observant of my New Year's Resolutions, and so I let yesterday mark a second new beginning. I don't want to make promises I can't keep, but suffice to say there're some projects I was working on for unrelated reasons, but since they involve LEGO and maybe even BIONICLE I thought I would try to involve this site.

Anyway... curse you, Wally. I didn't want to know what the person who writes your posts looks like! This photo is like the midichlorian scene in Phantom Menace. :P
Back to top Go down
https://codrexmagna.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

Day of the Number Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day of the Number   Day of the Number Empty

Back to top Go down

Day of the Number
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Codrex Magna :: Codrex Magna Discussion :: Codrex Magna Generalities-
Jump to: