Codrex Magna
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your Collectible Collection?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lignar
Mysterious Figure
Lignar

Your Collectible Collection? Empty
PostSubject: Your Collectible Collection?   Your Collectible Collection? EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 9:13 pm

Hello all!

Not much has been going on in our BIONICLE (and LEGO) forums of late. But I do have a question for you: what collectibles do you (still) own?

We all remember the BIONICLE collectibles: Kanohi, Krana, Kraata, Kanoka, variants thereof, and Zamor (depending on who you ask). How big is your collection, and more specifically, what do you have?

For once, BZPower was helpful for me, and I found links to some user-made resources and checklists there (no Kraata checklist though). You can use them too if you like:

Kanohi 2001-2007 Checklist
Krana/Krana-Kal Checklist
Kraata Guide (not checklist)
Kanoka Checklist
Rhotuka Checklist
Zamor Checklist (probably incomplete)

(Most of my collectibles collection is listed below.)

Spoiler:

-|W|G|-
Back to top Go down
https://codrexmagna.forumotion.com
The Spectral Mask
Head Librarian & Game Master
The Spectral Mask

PostSubject: Re: Your Collectible Collection?   Your Collectible Collection? EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 1:15 am

The 2001 collectable kanohi were the only which ever caught my interest, excepting, I suppose, the golden masks from 2002, and the misprints. I suppose their diversity gives them MOCing value, while all of the other collectables just never called out to me. Even my five-year old mind was skeptical of collecting krana - from then on, it just seemed like marketing ploys.

I haven't listed Rahi, Matoran, Titan, promotional, or misprint masks here.

Kanohi Hau: Red, Green, Brown*, Black, White, and Gold.
Kanohi Miru: Red, Green, Brown, Blue, White, Silver, and Gold.
Kanohi Kakama: Green, Brown, Black, Silver, and Gold.
Kanohi Pikari: Green, Black, Blue, and Gold.
Kanohi Kaukau: Red, Blue, Gold.
Kanohi Akaku: Red, Blue, White, Silver, and Gold.

Kanohi Huna: Orange, Blue.
Kanohi Mahiki: Orange, Green, Blue.
Kanohi Komau: Tan, Blue.
Kanohi Ruru: Orange, Green, Dark Grey, Light Grey.
Kanohi Rau: Orange, Green, Tan, Blue.
Kanohi Matatu: Light Grey

*Painted with green splotches as an Infected stand-in

Anyone else find surpluses of Mirus, Mahikis (orange in particular confused ), Rurus, and of course, Raus? Those always seemed to show up. Blue Mirus and Green Raus, especially.

Last edited by The Spectral Mask on Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://codrexmagna.forumotion.com/
Lignar
Mysterious Figure
Lignar

PostSubject: Re: Your Collectible Collection?   Your Collectible Collection? EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 1:25 am

Update on Krana and Kraata collections: PICTURES.

Krana:

Your Collectible Collection? Kranac10

Kraata:

Your Collectible Collection? Kraata10

I'm not going to bother listing my 2001 Kanohi. Besides Kaukau (TransDarkRed, TransDarkBlue, TransDarkGreen, TransBlack, TransNeonOrange, Clear, TransMediumBlue), I own all the Toa Mata's masks, but only one recolor from the mask packs (Red Kakama). I only own Whenua and Vakama out of the Turaga, and zero mask-pack Noble Kanohi. Pathetic, I know, but I never bothered collecting them. :P

With that, it's pretty obvious I've never bought mask packs or seen trends in mask abundances. I wish I had a blue Miru and lime Rau...

-|W|G|-
Back to top Go down
The Spectral Mask
The Spectral Mask

PostSubject: Re: Your Collectible Collection?   Your Collectible Collection? EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 11:35 pm

Ooh, Red Kakama. Any chance you're trading for a spare blue Miru and green Rau? :P

In all seriousness, your Krana and Kraata (oh, LEGO, why are those completely unrelated species so similar? Sigh ) surpass my expectations. Aside from collectability, though, I've never seen much of a use for either. I've seen some Krana MOCs, and I suppose you'd need a Kraata to make a Rahkshi of the associated power, but the limited availability of Rahkshi pieces would make that difficult...

MOCing aside, it is a nice collection. You say you gathered these without a Bricklink account?

Last edited by The Spectral Mask on Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lignar
Mysterious Figure
Lignar

PostSubject: Re: Your Collectible Collection?   Your Collectible Collection? EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 11:43 pm

Quite possibly, but I'd like to bundle more into the overall trade before actually making it, if I have to send by post. :P Anything you're interested in parts-wise? As you may know I probably don't have a whole lot more Kanohi you'd be interested in.

I love Kraata mainly for their collectible value, yeah, but occasionally I try to work them into a MOC. I usually fail. :P I take pride in owning Density Control, Plant Control, and Cyclone Rahkshi shells, but I still need to get those Kraata.

But yes, I don't have/never had a Bricklink account, so everything you see here I either traded for locally, bought off eBay, bought while I was traveling, or got as a gift a long time ago (with their associated sets).

-|W|G|-
Back to top Go down
Toa of Forums
The Before-Time
Toa of Forums

PostSubject: Re: Your Collectible Collection?   Your Collectible Collection? EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 4:19 pm

I have four of the prototype Toa Mata Kanohi (Miru (2), Akaku, and Kakama), All six prototype Turaga Kanohi and Turaga (two sets of six), All six prototype McToran (three sets of six) (but their masks are not prototypes), and prototype Toa tools for Lewa, Pohatu, and Kopaka. 

The non prototype rare collectibles I have are: 

-A trans light blue Kaukau misprint
-The Le-Metru Great Disk, along with about 20 other Kanoka disks
-7 Copper Hunas
-Sparkly Avohkii
-Several 2001 masks
-A few silver and golden Kanohi
-A few shadow Kraata, along with about 15 other Kraata
-About 20 Krana

My future collecting goals are obaining a full set of 2001-2003 masks, Krana, and Kraata, including all the special Krana Kal. (But not counting the Platinum Avohkii, of course. :P. I am counting the solid gold Hau, hauever. Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
The Spectral Mask
The Spectral Mask

PostSubject: Re: Your Collectible Collection?   Your Collectible Collection? EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 5:02 pm

My, my, ToF, aren't you ambitious?

Quite the enviable collection you have there! Might we see some pictures of the prototypes at some point?
Back to top Go down
Toa of Forums
The Before-Time
Toa of Forums

PostSubject: Re: Your Collectible Collection?   Your Collectible Collection? EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 8:49 pm

Thanks! When my Brickshelf folder becomes public, I will post the link here.

I am indeed quite ambitious about collecting. :D
Back to top Go down
Toa of Forums
The Before-Time
Toa of Forums

PostSubject: Re: Your Collectible Collection?   Your Collectible Collection? EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 2:40 am

My Brickshelf folder is now public! 

Here is the link: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=529324
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Collectible Collection?   Your Collectible Collection? Empty

Back to top Go down

Your Collectible Collection?
Page 1 of 1