Hey, where's 2005 on your list?
(Technically, 2010 should get a spot too, but...)
Anyway, I haven't run mine past my brother (the only person I talk to mostly offline who cares most about BIONICLE besides me), and this is a spur-of-the-moment ranking that might need editing later, but...
1. 2004 (what a wonderful mystery/a well-executed vision of the past/"10/10 Like the Star Wars Prequels except better story and with disc sports")
2. 2006 (doom & gloom/a consequential storyline at last/who knew the Toa Nuva could be beaten? pt. ii/a fantastic setting once you got past the edginess)
3. 2007 (a sci-fi dream/following up on 2006's story? who'd'a thunk/great villains, comprising a sea of red herring[s]/when you die, you die in real life!)
4. 2003 (enter Makuta/who knew the Toa Nuva could be beaten? pt. i/monsters of the week finally get something cool to do/there's a world beyond Mata Nui...)
5. 2001 (everything's new, but not shiny/getting the party started with island mystique/no one really knows anything, and it's great)
6. 2008 (cool gear, but now we're getting into weird retcons/Makuta is a species name?/some sort of aerial warzone/Codrex!/the Ignika is up to something...)
7. 2002 (the Bohrok were pretty cool back in the day, you have to admit, even if they were monsters-of-the-week in the end/Energized Protodermis... hmm)
8. 2005 (spiders? in MY metru? it's more likely than you think/I don't think that's how mutation works/please don't try to sexualize a BIONICLE character again)
9. 2009 (soft reboot, okay, sure/why is Mata Nui short and wearing the Ignika?/more biological than mechanical or chronicle/noodling around a sand planet)
10. 2010 (the original Makuta gets his comeuppance/why the golden armor?/the story trails off midsentence)
11. 2015 (hard reboot... okay... sure/the mysteries have been burned off, but the island is just as gorgeous/all the Turaga look like Jaller Mahri now)
12. 2016 (wait... what happened in 2016 again?/Generation 2 trails off 0.75 of the way through a sentence)